For the month of August, I have collaborated with one of my faves aka @twirlingpages on Instagram to create a August Book Photo Challenge! I will be explaining what each daily challenge means in this blog post and I will include a few examples to clarify a few of the prompts. If you plan on participating or if you have any questions, please let me know!
- august tbr – books you’re planning to read throughout august
- romance novels – post a photo of romance novels that are your faves or maybe just romance novels in general
- pink + green books – since it’s national watermelon day, it only makes sense to post a photo of pink + green books
- fave bookish squad – this one might be kind of difficult to explain, but squad = group of friends (ie. the unexpected everything, the mortal instruments, harry potter series, etc.)
- book + sports – either a book that has to do with sports/has sports involved or books + a sport you play
- minimalistic cover – a cover that does not have too much going on (example: 1, 2)
- favorite bookish friendship – this one is similar to bookish squad except this one is basically just two people rather than a whole group of friends (ie. tris + christina, gus + isaac, etc)
- books that made you smile – a book that made you happy/smile 🙂
- all time fave books – it’s book lovers day so post a photo of your all time favorite books
- laid back book(s) – a book that was easy to read, didn’t cause too much emotional damage
- book related to politics – rather than explain this one, I’ll just give a few examples: the unexpected everything, the hunger games, divergent series, etc.
- favorite bookish siblings – example would be the weasley siblings, cath + wren from fangirl, laura jean + kitty from tatbilb, etc.
- book stack – stack a bunch of books on top of each other and take a photo + post it to instagram! (example: 1, 2)
- book + unique facts about you – post a photo of any book that you would like and in the caption, state a few unique facts about yourself!
- peach colored books – i know it’s pretty difficult to find a “peach” colored book so orange will do for this day!
- fave author collab – sometimes two authors are better than one, post a photo of your favorite author collaboration for a book (ie. my true love gave to me, you know me well, never never, burn for burn series, etc)
- fave place to relax – is it by the beach? is it in your bed? is it on your sofa/couch? hammock? etc. post a photo of it!
- used books – i personally think that used books are underrated, but there is also a part of me who loves new books that have not been touched by others. anyways, post a photo of your used books!
- poetry books – this one might be difficult because I feel like poetry is a hit or miss and probably not many people own poetry books, but if you do (ie. milk and honey) post a photo of it! if you don’t have a whole book dedicated to poetry, post a photo of a book that has a poem in it
- funny books – post a photo of a book that made you laugh! 😀
- book + music – this one is my fave! post a photo of a book + music (cd album, iPod, etc). example: 1, 2
- book about innocence – maybe someone lost their innocence for a bad boy or something similar to that.
- fave female character – who is your favorite female character/heroine?
- book + stationary – book + notebooks or pens or highlighters or sticky notes, etc. (example: 1, 2)
- white spines – books with white spines are my fave because it looks so classy and clean. here are a few examples: 1
- under-hyped books – books that you love but don’t get enough attention
- currently reading – what book are you currently reading? post a photo of it!
- feel good books – books that make you feel great and happy
- impulse buy books – books that you bought on a whim/weren’t planning on buying
- august book haul – books you acquired throughout the month of august
- august wrap up – books you read throughout the month of august
have fun and don’t forget to use the tag #augustofpages if participate in this challenge! 🙂