For the month of October, I have collaborated with one of my faves aka @twirlingpages on Instagram to create a October Book Photo Challenge! I will be explaining what each daily challenge means in this blog post and I will include a few examples to clarify a few of the prompts. If you plan on participating or if you have any questions, please let me know!
- monthly tbr – books you’re planning to read throughout october
- pink books – post a photo of pink books
- book + technology – post a photo of a book + technology (phone, camera, laptop, etc)
- book + coffee– post a photo of a book + a cup of coffee
- green books – post a photo of books that are green
- favorite fairy tale retelling- post a photo of your favorite fairy tale retelling (ex//: the lunar chronicles, unhooked, etc)
- books that made you smile – post a photo of a book that made you smile 🙂
- gifted book – book that was gifted to you/someone gave to you
- worn out pages– post a photo of a book that has pages that are starting to look yellow/torn/worn out
- mapped books – books that have a map in it (example)
- rainbow books – make a bookish rainbow and post a photo of it! (example)
- book that made you frustrated – what’s a book or character that made you really frustrated?
- horror books – post a photo of horror books/scary books
- book + desserts – post a photo of books + desserts or a book that has a dessert on the cover (ex:// the unexpected everything, love and gelato)
- assigned reading – a book that was assigned to you in school/book you had to read for school
- large books – post a photo of a book that has a lottt of pages
- sock sunday – that’s right, sock sunday on a monday! why not just switch things up :p post a photo of books + socks (example)
- favorite reads of 2016 so far – what are your favorite books that you have read so far in 2016?
- LGBTQ+ books – books that are LGBTQ (ex:// carry on, simon and the homosapien agenda, aristotle and dante discover the universe)
- currrently reading – what are you currrently reading?
- fast paced books – post a photo of books that you couldn’t put down/are fact paced
- colorful books – make a stack of colorful books or post a photo of a book with a colorful cover
- shelfie – post a photo of your bookshelves!
- book with food on the cover – post a photo of a book with food on the cover
- paranormal books – post a photo of paranormal books
- creepy covers – post a photo of a book with a creepy/scary cover
- sci-fi books – post a photo of some science fiction books
- black books – post a photo of black books
- dress up as a fictional character – we want you to full on/cosplay as your favorite fictional character (yes you can wear your halloween costume!!)*
- orange and white books – post a photo of orange and white books so it looks like candy corn!
- book + halloween props – post a photo of books + halloween props*
*if you can’t participate in these prompts because halloween isn’t your thing, that’s okay! go ahead and post your haul and/or your wrap up these days 🙂
have fun and don’t forget to use the tag #spooktacularbooks if you participate in this challenge!🙂